Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages over a short period can result in alcohol poising, which can be life-threatening. Breathing, heart rate, body temperature, and difficulty swallowing can all be impacted by consuming an excessive amount of alcohol in a short period, resulting in a coma and death.
Adults and children can become ill from consuming alcohol-laced household items, whether by mistake or on purpose, resulting in alcohol poisoning. A person who has been poisoned by alcohol must be hospitalized immediately.
Signs And Symptoms Of Alcohol Poisoning
The following are some of the warning signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning:
- Breathing in and out irregularly
- Skin that is pale with a blue hue to it
- The body’s temperature is abnormally low
- Being unable to revive oneself after being knocked out
Alcohol Poisoning Diagnosis
Your doctor can evaluate if you have alcohol poisoning based on the symptoms you are experiencing. In addition, your blood and urine will be examined to determine whether or not you have ingested any alcoholic beverages.
Treatment for Alcohol Poison Overdose
If you’ve had too much to drink, your doctor may decide to pump your stomach. You can prevent absorbing any residual alcoholic effects if you do it in this manner. In addition, they may be able to do so in the hospital:
- Deliver intravenous fluids to you using an IV
- Assist you in breathing more easily by providing you with additional oxygen.
- Get rid of the poisons in your digestive tract.
- Remove contaminants from your bloodstream.
Preventing Alcohol Poisoning
If you intend to consume alcoholic beverages, keep the following suggestions in mind:
- The trick is to maintain a healthy balance. The recommended daily limit for men is two drinks, while the recommended daily limit for females is one drink.
- If you aren’t eating or have already eaten, avoid consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Medications and narcotics should not be mixed with alcohol.